Close Search

Website Search

Wakenight & Associates, P.C.

1100 Lake Street, Suite 120, Oak Park, IL 60301

DuPage County | 630-852-9700

Mokena | 815-727-6144   Oak Park | 708-848-3159

Contact Our Firm

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Email *
Phone *
How would you prefer to be contacted?
No Preference
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the disclaimer.

Contact Us

Elmhurst Post-Divorce Modification Attorneys

Hinsdale Court Order Change Lawyers

Lawyers for Enforcing Support Orders and Parenting Plans in DuPage County

At Wakenight & Associates, P.C., we are ready to help you manage the avalanche of personal, parental, emotional, logistical, custodial, and financial factors associated with a divorce. Our commitment to you does not end, however, when your divorce judgment is issued. Sometimes called a divorce decree, the judgment contains the terms of your divorce, including the agreements that you and your spouse have reached, or the court has ordered, on all of the necessary considerations including parental responsibilities, parenting time, child support, and spousal maintenance.

Our attorneys realize that you probably invested many hours and a significant amount of money in getting through the divorce process. No matter how much you spent, it is impossible to account for everything that could happen in the years that follow your divorce and how things might change in the future. As your family's needs evolve, our team is equipped to assist you in seeking post-divorce modifications to your judgment.

Modifying a Divorce Decree in DuPage County

Under Illinois law, spousal maintenance and child support are typically calculated using a statutory formula. Each of these calculations depends upon the parties' income when the order is established. Our lawyers understand that your income or that of your former spouse can change quickly and for a variety of reasons. If such a change has occurred, we can help you petition the court for a recalculation and modification. You may also qualify for a modification if you or your ex-spouse have experienced changes in circumstances that affect your finances, including health issues, remarriage, or a dramatic change in your parenting time.

Parenting time and parental responsibilities arrangements can also be modified after a divorce. A modification to a parenting plan can be made by agreement between the parents or by the court after a significant change in the family's circumstances. For example, if the primary residential parent is diagnosed with a serious medical condition, the other parent may need to assume a greater share of the parental responsibilities. Likewise, a career change by one parent may necessitate a change in the parenting time schedule. A parenting plan can also be changed if such a change is necessary to protect the child from a parent who might be a dangerous influence on the child.

At Wakenight & Associates, P.C., we work with mothers, fathers, and non-parents looking to modify the terms of a divorce decree. We will help you understand your available options and ensure that your rights are fully protected.

Trusted Addison Counsel for Enforcement of Divorce Decrees

With more than 95 years of combined family law experience, our lawyers realize that just because your divorce decree includes a parenting plan or a support order, there are no guarantees that your former spouse will comply. If your ex-spouse has failed to make maintenance or child support payments or is refusing to allow you to exercise your parenting time, our team can help with your enforcement efforts.

Illinois courts have several options for enforcing family law orders, including wage garnishment and contempt of court proceedings. In extreme cases, the offending party could even face time in jail time. We know how difficult it can be when your former spouse does not comply with the terms of your divorce decree, and we can help you take action.

Call 630-852-9700 for a Free Consultation

If your circumstances have changed since your divorce decree was issued or you need assistance with enforcing the terms of the judgment, contact our office. Call 630-852-9700 to schedule a free consultation at Wakenight & Associates, P.C. today. Our firm serves clients in Elmhurst, Oak Brook, and throughout DuPage County, and the surrounding areas.

  • Elite Lawyer
  • American Bar Association
  • Better Business Association
  • Illinois State Bar Association
  • West Suburban Bar Association
  • Northwest Suburban Bar Association
  • Will County Bar Association
  • DuPage County Bar Association
  • Lake County Bar Association
  • Kane County Bar Association




Contact Us

Contact Us



Back to Top