Close Search

Website Search

Wakenight & Associates, P.C.

1100 Lake Street, Suite 120, Oak Park, IL 60301

DuPage County | 630-852-9700

Mokena | 815-727-6144   Oak Park | 708-848-3159

Contact Our Firm

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Email *
Phone *
How would you prefer to be contacted?
No Preference
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the disclaimer.

Contact Us

How to Create a Parenting Agreement After a divorce

Posted on in Uncategorized

If you and your spouse share children and are divorcing, child custody is likely to be the most difficult task you will face. However, regardless of how angry you might be with your spouse, do not let your feelings get in the way of making the decision that is best for your children . Set your emotions aside and put them first as you work out your parenting agreement.

Creating a Parenting Agreement

Your written parenting agreement or plan is the document that will define how you and your former spouse go about sharing time and making decisions regarding the upbringing of your children . It will cover a wide range of issues, including custody and living arrangements, visitation , financial issues, education, medical care, religious training, and holidays.

To create a parenting plan, you can seek the assistance of a child custody attorney or mediator to facilitate negotiations with your former spouse.Whatever way you choose to go about it, you will need to be prepared for these proceedings. Some of the relevant documents you will need include:

  • Court documents you filed or receive, such as summons or affidavits.
  • Correspondence from an attorney , counselor, mediator, or court official in regards to your divorce , paternity, child support, and child custody or visitation .
  • Court orders regarding the divorce or award of custody.
  • Documents dissolving your marriage or describing your marital status.
  • Reports, letters, or evaluations from school officials.

You might not necessarily need all of these, but it is better to be preparedto expedite the process.

Illinois Family Law attorney s

If you and your spouse have dissolved your marriage and are now working out a parenting agreement, you need a skilled child custody attorney on your side to help ensure a suitable plan is reached that is in the best interests of your children . At Wakenight & Associates, P.C., our child custody attorney s in Illinois will work hard to help you reach a mutually agreeable resolution.

Contact our office today for a free consultation!




Contact Us

Contact Us



Back to Top