Close Search

Website Search

Wakenight & Associates, P.C.

1100 Lake Street, Suite 120, Oak Park, IL 60301

DuPage County | 630-852-9700

Mokena | 815-727-6144   Oak Park | 708-848-3159

Contact Our Firm

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
Name *
Email *
Phone *
How would you prefer to be contacted?
No Preference
Briefly describe your legal issue. *

DisclaimerThe use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read and understand the disclaimer.

Contact Us

DuPage County Fathers Parenting Time Attorneys

Oak Brook Fathers Visitation Attorneys

Lawyers Helping Fathers Obtain Visitation Rights in Elmhurst and Oak Brook

At Wakenight & Associates, P.C., we know that many fathers are treated like outsiders in the lives of their children. This is especially common in cases where the father is not married to the child's mother. In such situations, unfortunately, the problems between the adults prevent the child from having a positive relationship with his or her father.

With more than 95 years of combined family law experience, our attorneys understand that a child typically has a greater chance of success and happiness when both parents remain active in the child's life. While there are exceptions, giving a father parenting time is usually in the child's best interest. If you are a father who is looking to increase the time you have with your child, our attorneys can help you take the necessary steps.

Paternity and the Reasonable Right to Parenting Time

According to the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (750 ILCS 5), a parent who has established legal parentage regarding his or her child is entitled to reasonable parenting time with the child. This means that if you have recently established legal paternity of your child, you have the right to enjoy time with your child.

At Wakenight & Associates, P.C., we know that things are not always quite so simple. Our attorneys recognize that the dynamic between you and your child's other parent could be making it nearly impossible for you to exercise your right to parenting time. In fact, it is possible that the other parent is refusing to allow you to see your child altogether. Fortunately, there are actions that you can take to protect and enforce your rights.

If you are being kept from spending time with your child, our lawyers can help you file a petition with the court to establish a parenting time schedule. We will assist you in showing that your presence will be a positive influence in your child's life, even if the other parent claims otherwise. No matter how complicated your case may be, we are equipped to provide the skilled guidance and responsible representation that you deserve throughout the process.

Trusted Counsel for Paternity-Related Matters in Hinsdale and Wood Dale

The skilled attorneys at Wakenight & Associates, P.C. respect and admire the sacrifices that single mothers make every day. In many such cases, however, the fathers are ready and willing to step up and accept responsibility for their children as well, but they may not know where to begin. Our lawyers are proud to work on behalf of men who want to make a difference in the lives of their children.

If you are a father who would like to increase your parenting time with your child, contact our office. Call 630-852-9700 to schedule a free, confidential consultation with a compassionate family law attorney today. Our team helps families in Elmhurst, Oak Brook, Addison, Lombard, Villa Park, Hinsdale, La Grange, Burr Ridge, Western Springs, Kane County, DuPage County, and the surrounding areas.

  • Elite Lawyer
  • American Bar Association
  • Better Business Association
  • Illinois State Bar Association
  • West Suburban Bar Association
  • Northwest Suburban Bar Association
  • Will County Bar Association
  • DuPage County Bar Association
  • Lake County Bar Association
  • Kane County Bar Association




Contact Us

Contact Us



Back to Top